- Individual Therapy: This therapy involves only the patient and the therapist.
- Group Therapy: Five or more patients may participate in therapy at the same time. Patients are able to share experiences and learn that others feel the same way and have had the same experiences.
- Marital/Couples Therapy: This type of therapy helps spouses and partners understand why their loved one has a mental disorder, what changes in communication and behaviours can help, and what they can do to cope. This type of therapy can also be used to help a couple that is struggling with aspects of their relationship.
- Family Therapy: Because family is a key part of the team that helps people with mental illness get better, it is sometimes helpful for family members to understand what their loved one is going through, how they themselves can cope, and what they can do to help.
At Oasis Health Specialty Hospital, we treat addiction as a complex disease which as to be adequately treated and managed and as such, rolled out rigorous psychosocial interventions;
- Motivational Interviewing: It is an essential counselling technique necessary for clients with addiction problems to help explore and resolve their ambivalence.Intensive MI is offered to assist in establishment of goals, eliciting motivation to change maladaptive behaviour and for change talk,
- Contingency Management: In order to maintain adaptive behaviour, we reward our patients for the days they have managed to stay without relapse as part of therapy.
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy interventions (substance misuse oriented). CBT is an EBP used by our psychotherapist to help in changing cognitions in order to change behaviour. Some of the techniques utilized are Situational Analysis, desensitization and relation training
- Evidence-Based Psychological programs for coexisting mental health programs
- 12 step program which is an intense AA therapy session for patients with Alcohol Use Disorder
- Psycho-Education, Medication Adherence and Counselling
- Psychodynamics oriented therapy (substance misuse oriented)
- Vocational Intervention and Skills Training